The final cut is finished! Truth be told, there are a lot of things I wish I’d done different when shooting this one, but trial is the best way to learn in my opinion.
For this video, I got to play around with cutting scenes to music. I also tinkered some in After Effects, learning to apply adjustments layers to video clips. For this video, at least for the parts leading up to the crescendo, I used mostly desaturation (I think at -50 across the board) and curves to increase blues and decrease reds. At the crescendo, I wanted the scenes to have really strong reds, which they already did, so I didn’t modify those clips at all.
There are plenty of other techniques I’d like to learn for future videos, such as special effects like static and flickers. But… baby steps. I’m pretty happy with how this turned out given I’m still very new to Premiere Pro and completely new to After Effects!